power management experiences with joyride-1572

Frank Ch. Eigler fche at redhat.com
Wed Jan 23 13:49:25 EST 2008

Hi -

I've been dabbling with joyride-1572 on a g1g1 laptop for a day or
few, and have noticed the suspend feature kick in after a few seconds
of apparent inactivity.  I have some questions about whether some
specific experiences with this are expected:

- that a resume operation begins only with a keyboard/touchpad input,
and takes 1-2 seconds for interactiveness to return?

- that running programs such as the sugar clock widget, or programs
running in the sugar terminal, all freeze during the suspend?

- that if one switches to the text console (C-A-F1), one observes the
backlight intensity oscillate up & down with about a 10s interval,
despite ongoing keyboard input?

- that power consumption during the "awake" mode has not significantly
fallen since build-650 or -653, leading to a ~3 hour battery endurance
for light continuous web browsing / terminal usage?

Thanks!

- FChE