Update.1 & testing

ffm ffm at intserverror.com
Sun Jan 20 13:14:07 EST 2008

On Jan 20, 2008 1:07 PM, Mitch Bradley <wmb at laptop.org> wrote:

> Jameson "Chema" Quinn wrote:
> > I know that we're supposed to all be developers here, and know how to
> > change the firmware in our sleep; but it would be great to include a
> > link to instructions. I searched the wiki -
> > http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Manual_Firmware_Install is worse than
> > useless, and
> > http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Firmware_q2d09#Unsecure_Machines is the
> > wrong place (why include separate instructions on each firmware build
> > page, instead of having a general instructions page?) and also does
> > not tell you how to do it using SD instead of USB or internal.
> >
> > I'll take responsibility for putting the instructions on the wiki and
> > making appropriate links to them, if someone tells me how to do it
> > with SD.
>
> Will you also take responsibility for handling the complaints I get
> (have gotten) for not having the manual installation instructions in
> each relnotes page?

Simple. Put the manual install instructions in
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Manual_Firmware_Install and then, in each relnotes
page add {{:Manual_Firmware_Install}}, which will include the text of that
page in the one it is as a template in.

If you want to be even cooler, in Manual_Firmware_Install, put the tags
<onlyinclude> and </onlyinclude> on the stuff that you want to be included.