Why can't i access /dev/dsp or /dev/snd on my XO

victor Victor.Lazzarini at nuim.ie
Sun Jan 20 03:31:41 EST 2008

What you say does not make any sense to me. The MIDI
standard is *one* of many, and in fact the poorest of them
all. Besides Csound is probably the most used computer music
language with composers of Computer Music and its
score an integral part of it. But it is not the only way that
can be used to run it: MIDI, OSC, API event calls, etc.,
are also possible.

If anything we should promote better standards than limit
ourselves to a very poor one.

Victor