Violent games on the OLPC Activities page
chris at linuxuser.at
Fri Jan 18 06:09:26 EST 2008
Noah Kantrowitz wrote:
> I don't see why breaking this up by tags (some of which can be things like "PG13") isn't a good enough solution. We all know kids will seek this stuff out no matter what, lets at least do it in a controlled way.
The MPAA uses those ratings: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PG13#Ratings)
- G (General Audience - all ages admitted)
- PG (Parental guidance suggested - might not be suitable for children))
- PG-13 (Parents strongly cautioned - might be inappropriate for < 13 years)
- R (Restricted - < 17 years requires parent or adult guardian)
- NC-17 (No children under 17)
Basically, we could introduce this ratings as tags on [[Activities]].
Xo-get could list only 'G'-rated Activities by default, and users can
then 'enable' all other somewhere in the application (preferences, ...).
More information about the Devel