Testing the Wireless driver changes

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Jan 18 15:31:08 EST 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-18 at 14:47 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> What is the post-boot firmware flash functionality supposed to apply to,
> the host-less active antenna? (which is what I heretofore had
> understood).

As Ben says, they're the same thing. If you don't load the firmware
within 5 seconds of the boot2 code starting up, the thing loads its own
firmware from the internal flash.

Yes, it's horrid. It doesn't even preserve the boot2 version, because we
did some stupid hack to preserve that in the _driver_ rather than
keeping it internal, so when we send the CMD_802_11_RESET command to
kick the device back into boot2, we get 'device firmware changed' from
the kernel and it appears as a completely new device...

Ideally, we want to just kill the auto-mesh-repeater mode, where boot2
times out after 5 seconds and loads the firmware from the internal flash
(which is obviously larger on these devices than on the XO). Can we
achieve that just by updating to a 'normal' Boot2 version from the XO?

(Yes, I should be sleeping. No, I have no idea what timezone I'm in).

--
dwmw2