font size in console

Albert Cahalan acahalan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 23:45:45 EST 2008

On Jan 17, 2008 11:24 PM, Bernardo Innocenti <bernie at laptop.org> wrote:
> Albert Cahalan wrote:
>
> > Many people report that that font is also too small.
> > You can try my 15x30 font, which many people love.
> > It's attached to this email.
>
> It's already the second time you attach your font.

It's only 4 K. People keep wanting a decent font.

> Have you seen my message where I ask you where the glyphs
> came from and under what license the font could be
> released?

Yes. It got buried in my inbox while I had to make up
some hours for work. Also, you asked for a copy of
the full thing, but I need to regenerate that and I might
as well throw in the new characters while I'm at it.

BTW, I was mistaken. It's about 1000 characters.

I'm fine with the wording that Wikipedia uses for
public domain. (disclaiming the weird nonsense
which hopefully wouldn't apply to me anyway)

> The first step to get it accepted on the OLPC would be
> to contribute it to the kbd project.  The current
> maintainer also happens to be the Fedora packager, and
> I'm in contact with him for our console keyboards.

Since you're in contact with him, feel free to let him
know that he is welcome to have it.