Violent games on the OLPC Activities page

Ties Stuij cjstuij at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 17:26:32 EST 2008

On Jan 17, 2008 10:46 PM, Bennett Todd <bet at rahul.net> wrote:
<snip>
> I'm
> asking for _some_ kind of line between the two. The recent DVD
> release of the first season of Sesame Street warns that it isn't
> appropriate for young children. That creeps me out.
>
> How do we define the line between Doom and SpaceWars?
>
> I see the Activities page currently requests no "strongly violent"
> games. Is that clear enough?

I personally think you're  whole post is exactly on the dot. Really.
And great point about Sesame Street. For me you hit the sweet spot in
this discussion. And "Strongly violent" sounds excellent to me. One
shouldn't bog stuff down to much, and leave room for common sense.

Sorry for the boring post ;o)

/Ties