Violent games on the OLPC Activities page

Jameson "Chema" Quinn jquinn at cs.oberlin.edu
Thu Jan 17 13:00:39 EST 2008

This is a wiki. The question here is not, what is the right decision. If
everybody holds out for their version right decision, we have a permanent
edit war. The question is, what is a compromise I can live with. And since,
as they say on wikipedia, we have plenty of time before the publication
deadline, any argument based on setting the right/wrong precedent is moot -
there's time to deal with the next situation when it happens. Everything is
provisional, and there's no slopes too slippery to climb back to the top of.

Right now the status quo is separate Activities and Activities/unendorsed
pages, with text on the Activities page to say don't delete unendorsed
activities and text on the unendorsed page to say that this is not meant to
imply that other activities are endorsed. If you died now, before you could
get to the edit link on the wiki, would you want your shade to come back and
haunt people until they fixed it to what you want?