[ANNOUNCE] Beta release of Creative Commons licensing activity

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at creativecommons.org
Mon Jan 14 20:46:06 EST 2008

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008, Edward Cherlin wrote:

> On Jan 14, 2008 4:10 PM, Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at creativecommons.org>
> wrote:
>
>> I'm happy to announce a beta release of the Creative Commons licensing
>> activity for the XO.
>>
>> This activity is a comic reader that includes simple English text to
>> explain the images.  This is based on a comic we published a few weeks
>> back that was written with the XO audience in mind:
>> http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Sharing_Creative_Works
>
> A good idea, though rather pedestrian in execution.

[further comic comments]

I've bounced your comments on the comic to Alex Roberts and Rebecca Rojer
who did most of the graphic and storyboard work.  Just a reminder - the
comic contents are dedicated to the public domain, so re-use and
re-envisioning is encouraged.

> I am disappointed that there is no mention of CC-Developing Nations
> licenses.

In June 2007, we retired that license for reasons Larry laid out at
http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/7520 .

-- Asheesh.

--
Malek's Law:
 	Any simple idea will be worded in the most complicated way.