[ANNOUNCE] Beta release of Creative Commons licensing activity

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at creativecommons.org
Mon Jan 14 20:01:01 EST 2008

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008, C. Scott Ananian wrote:

> On Jan 14, 2008 7:10 PM, Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at creativecommons.org> wrote:
>> I'm happy to announce a beta release of the Creative Commons licensing
>> activity for the XO.
>
> Do you have suggestions on integrating this with Pippy and (say)
> Paint?  For example, if you could copy the license choice to the
> clipboard after completing the activity, one could then drag & drop
> the license to a hotspot in the sugar toolbar for the new document
> (possibly right next to the document title) to apply it.  Other ideas?

Oh my gosh, that sounds super cool. (-:

One thing we've thought a little about is adding a CC license chooser
drop-down to the Journal.  There are some mock-ups of this, and a really
old (read: bitrotted probably) patch at http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/3529
.  You make a good point about enriching activities, not just the history
view of the journal.

I think that novel UI ideas for making this easy and useful are a great
idea.  Unfortunately right now I don't have any - but I am interested in
talking more about what would take this from existing to exciting.

-- Asheesh.

--
Oh, I am a C programmer and I'm okay
 	I muck with indices and structs all day