Activity Handbook

Christoph Derndorfer e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Jan 14 09:13:15 EST 2008

Hello all,

we finally managed to finish the first few chapters of the Activity
Handbook that we've been working on. The purpose of this handbook is to
provide you with all the information you need in order to get started
with software development for the OLPC XO.

The current draft includes the first four chapters...

# Welcome to the Activity Handbook!
# Introduction to Sugar
# Preparation
# Sugar Basics

..which basically serve as an introduction to Sugar, to setting up your
machine for Sugar development (emulation, sugar-jhbuild, Live-CDs) and
writting a simple HelloWorld activity. We're going to expand the
handbook over the coming weeks to include chapters about using the
journal, collaboration, using the various XO input devices and
sugarizing software. So stay tuned for updates!

You can find the Activity Handbook project page (with more information
about the project, how you can contribute, etc.) at
http://www.olpcaustria.org/mediawiki/index.php/Activity_handbook and in
case you're feeling lazy you can simply click on the following link for
a direct pdf download:
http://www.olpcaustria.org/mediawiki/upload/a/af/Handbook_20080113.pdf

Please let us know what you think!

Best regards,