q2d08A firmware anywhere?

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Sun Jan 13 15:48:02 EST 2008

Ivan Krstić wrote:

> On Jan 13, 2008, at 12:52 PM, Chris Ball wrote:
>> when you hit any key other than the power
>> button, the XO will wake up, see that it woke up for the wrong reason,
>> and go back to sleep again
>
> This sounds like we're Doing It Wrong[0]. We have control over the EC
> code; can't we be smarter about SCIs we allow to wake us up? (I
> imagine you've investigated this and we can't, but I'm curious as to
> why.)

This is already possible.  You set the SCI mask such that non-critical
SCI's are masked.  I don't think we have a generic way yet for userspace
to tell the kernel what mask bits to set though.

The big issue however, was that until q2d08a host -> EC communications
was um, a bit unreliable.  So turning of all the wakeups and then never
being able to turn them back on was a concern.  Now I think I have that
under control and we can move toward this type of control.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child