auto screen rotation

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Thu Jan 10 11:13:38 EST 2008

On 10/01/08 22:02 +0000, david at lang.hm wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jan 2008, david at lang.hm wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 10 Jan 2008, Chris Ball wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >>  > I just installed 679 and one new feature is that switching to
> >>  > tablet mode rotates the screen to one click from normal and lifting
> >>  > the screen rotates to normal.
> >>
> >> This feature has been turned off in Joyride, but the wrong version of
> >> OHM is in Update.1; I'll file a bug to update it to the Joyride version.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >
> > glad to help (after all, that's why I'm running dev versions ;-)
> >
> > do the lid close switches show up to the system as keypresses?
> >

> to try and test this I did ctrl-alt-F1 and flipped/closed the lid, this
> killed X with the following error

Thats a long standing bug (I'm pretty sure its in trac).  X happily
asks us to process the rotate even when it doesn't own the virtual console.
When we first encountered this, we agreed it was a X core bug, but we
never finished following through (since the workaround was easy enough).

Jim - can you help us get this into the wheelhouse of the core X team?

Jordan