auto screen rotation

david at lang.hm david at lang.hm
Thu Jan 10 16:21:05 EST 2008

I just installed 679 and one new feature is that switching to tablet mode
rotates the screen to one click from normal and lifting the screen rotates
to normal.

these positions are absolute, no matter hat the user selects.

this means that when I switch to tablut mode and put the screen back in
landscape mode I'm left with the mouse pointer in the middle of the
screen, I lift thescreen enough to reach the mousepad and flick the mouse
to the right edge, then lose the screen and it rotates on me (and when I
totate it three more clicks to get it back the mouse is back in the middle
of the text I am trying to read)

twwo thing here

1.why is it going to portrit mode? I can see some justaficaton for either
landscape mode (depending on if you want the direction gamepad under your
left or roght thumb and the extra space for the handle to the top or
bottom) but I don't see any nice way to use both of the gamepad controls
in portrit mode. (I do use portrit mode sometimes to make reading tall,
narrow ccolumns easier, but it's hardly my default)

2. this is overriding what the user is explicitly setting, why, and how
can a user change this default?

David Lang