Fwd: Dailymotion for XO laptop

Rob Savoye rob at welcomehome.org
Thu Jan 10 00:45:04 EST 2008

David Woodhouse wrote:

> Oooh. Gnash now supports RTMP?

  We have a mostly complete RTMP implementation, but I've been primarily
using in in Cygnal, on the server side. The last few weeks I've
refactored our AMF low-level code, cracked both Shared Objects and Local
Connections, both of which use AMF. So refactoring my RTMP code, and
then merging it into Gnash for the client side is next. At one point
last year I had Gnash using my original RTMP implementation in libCurl,
but now I've rewritten all the code to not be dependent on libCurl, as
libCurl doesn't handle server side of anything at all.

  So at this point we've cracked all the proprietary protocols and
object formats used by the Adobe player. :-)

	- rob -