mesh portal discovery

Michail Bletsas mbletsas at laptop.org
Wed Jan 9 15:11:20 EST 2008

> The DHCP server was needed anyway.   And to implement shortest path
> routing both for sent and received packets, we needed a mechanism for
> receiving an IP address that reflected the nearest MPP anyway (or use
> NAT, something we would like to avoid inside the school....)

I completely fail to see why we need the DHCP server to get the IP address
of the nearest MPP or get the optimal path to and from it.

As for the multiple radio scenario at the schools, you can address that
with two different ways: bridging  between the interfaces on the server or
-if you want something quicker-, use a different autoIP range for each
channel.

M.