jffs zlib tuning

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Tue Jan 8 12:25:45 EST 2008

On 08/01/08 12:06 -0500, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
> (cc CP, aleph)
>
> David Woodhouse wrote:
>
>>> 1. Did anybody profile the kernel while reading files? Last thing I red
>>> on this list is that the profiler does not work on the XO in kernel mode.
>>> Did anybody fix that
>> I believe that standard kernel profiling (on timer ticks) has always
>> worked, and even continues to work even though we use a tickless kernel
>> now. I think oprofile also works.
>
> oprofile works, but for some reason it cannot generate
> call graphs.
>
> It vaguely remember that the problem was that on the Geode we
> were using sw timers rather than NMI as a timing source.

Right - but that should only prevent us from benchmarking within interrupts
in the kernel - it shouldn't have any effect on our userland benchmarking.

I'm no oprofile expert (I couldn't get it working at all when I tried it
the other day), but do you have the debug version of libc loaded too?  Maybe
it can't find the symbols.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse