Clearing association with a school/jabber server

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at collabora.co.uk
Tue Jan 8 02:48:00 EST 2008

John Watlington wrote:
> In testing the registration process with a school server, we need a
> way to clear a laptop's registration (without reinstalling the OS).
>
> Removing .sugar/default/config and reboot seems to work.
>
> (Yes, there are steps which should be taken on the school server
> as well, but this question is limited to the laptop....)
>
> Comments ?

Removing .sugar/default/config removes the setting of the nick and
colors. Did you intend that - to restore it to first boot type status?

The owner keypair is only regenerated if it doesn't exist, and we use
the (hash of the) key for the JID on the server, so with the same key it
will try to register with the same JID on the server, notice that it is
already registered, and set registered = True again without actually
reregistering. So from a Jabber point of view, unless you remove
owner.key*, removing config is effectively a no op.

So, you should probably remove the whole of .sugar...

Morgan