Free OLPC for someone who needs it

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at creativecommons.org
Tue Jan 8 01:18:59 EST 2008

On Mon, 7 Jan 2008, Jesse Molina wrote:

> I'm going through the replies that I received and I'm going to figure
> out who's getting the laptop here in a few minutes, or at least the
> final candidates.
>
> Wow, I feel like a big jerk now.  I've got replies from all these great
> people, doing great stuff, and I've only got one laptop to give.

So you deserve some words of encouragment:

You're doing a good thing for the community, and it's very nice of you to
make a laptop available to a developer who otherwise wouldn't have one.
By doing it, you're boosting the chances that another good activity will
be created to improve kids' learning.

> After I'm done, I'm going to go over to the OLPC Wiki and see about
> writing a page for others like myself who bought an XO via the B1G1
> program and would like to donate theirs to a worthy cause.

I think that's a great idea.

> I bought mine, showed it around my office, convinced one or two others
> to buy or donate one, and now I've got nothing to do with it.  I don't
> have much time to contribute to the project.  I already work in
> non-profit cancer research, so there is only so much I can do with my time.

(-:

-- Asheesh.

P.S. This fortune was randomly selected, but it's quite fitting.

--
Angels we have heard on High
Tell us to go out and Buy.