GLX available?

Rob Savoye rob at welcomehome.org
Mon Jan 7 20:55:51 EST 2008

Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> As a data point, Doom runs quite fast even at full resolution on a
> B4. Have not heard reports on getting Quake running. But I suspect
> that a software renderer hand-optimized towards the XO could be made

   Doom and Quake use character graphics, and not GL, which is how they
get adequate performance. For Gnash, which also supports OpenGL on
platforms with a GPU, we used AGG instead for the XO, as the performance
was much better than trying to run Mesa. For Gnash this works fine, but
it does effect the video performance.

	- rob -