Protecting children

Ed Montgomery edm at rocketmail.com
Mon Jan 7 01:21:24 EST 2008

Glad you brought up this point.  I have been somewhat
concerned about the child security of this project
(but I just may not know).  As a computer teacher for
many years, I have seen several cases of students who
have been negatively affected by their contacts and
activities on the net.  I'd be happy to be involved in
a site for teachers (and/or developers, etc.) who are
interested in child security issues, etc.

For example, you (or any member of the public) can
verify my teaching record on this Canadian government
website:
http://www.oct.ca/PublicRegister/memberDetails.aspx?memberID=164928
(Feel free to contact me or oct.ca to verify, etc.)

I.e., you really do need to know whom you are dealing
with.
I assume the U.S. has a similar system?

In any case, I'll be happy to volunteer to look after
 teacher/developer whatever website in child security
issues, etc.

Sincerely,
Ed Montgomery