GCompris whole bundle problem

Teresa Selling tselling at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 6 20:09:08 EST 2008

Thanks, that worked.

  I was thinking it would be nice if we could install the several GCompris activities and they all went into one GCompris activity directory so that there would only be one GCompris icon (you only need the one icon then ;-) and we would not have to install the whole package to get the single GCompris activity functionality.  This assumes that people would probably be installing several GCompris activities.  Does that seem like a good and workable thing to you?

Bruno Coudoin <bruno.coudoin at free.fr> wrote:

Le dimanche 06 janvier 2008 à 16:06 -0800, Teresa Selling a écrit :
> I downloaded and installed the new xo for GCompris as a whole app.
> Its too big! 81M Looks like there are voices for many languages
> included. That should probably be a separate download so people can
> get just the one they want. The xo for Click On Letter Activity is
> 43M... so I am guessing its due to voices too.
>
> Anyway it starts up but when I select an activity it crashes.
>
> I ran in shell with -D and saw:
> No module named DTW.dtw in garbage collection ignored
> Fatal Python error: Unexpected exception during garbage collection

I see the problem but I don't understand why it worked for me.

Anyway, you can fix it by starting a console and removing the files:
/usr/share/activities/gcompris.activity/share/gcompris/boards/writing_tutor*

You are right, we should provide all the voices in a specific add on
bundle.

Bruno.

Teresa Selling
Derry, NH