A jabber hosting offer...

Dave Belfer-Shevett dbs at stonekeep.com
Sat Jan 5 17:24:00 EST 2008

Walter Bender wrote:
> While we have ideas about how to scale up the jabber interface, it has
> also always been the idea that local communities (schools,
> neighborhoods), communities of interest (book clubs, chess clubs)
> etc., would run their own servers. The more the merrier at this stage.
> We probably need a better forum for advertising them. In any case,
> there are instructions in the wiki: go for it.
>
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Ejabberd_Configuration

My wife and I were talking about this earlier, and going 'community'
seems to be the better choice.  I'll probably set something up in the
next week or two specifically for Boston-area (mostly my social circles,
but I suspect it'll expand) groups.

Do I simply use the sugar-control-panel -s jabber j1.olpc.stonekeep.com
or the like to point the XO's to my server?  And they'll come up as
active / neighborhood users?

Thanks...

	-dbs