[OT] struggles installing builds

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Sat Jan 5 00:31:06 EST 2008

I now have several SD cards.  OFW will successfully use *one* of
them as a source of images.  With the other SD cards, OFW gets
"stuck" trying to write to nand from an image on the SD card.
[My Linux system reads/writes all these SD cards with no problem.]

I now have several USB sticks.  OFW will recognize *one* of them, as
a source of images.  With the other USB sticks, OFW doesn't even
recognize that they are plugged in.  [My Linux system reads/writes
all these sticks with no problem.  If I remember correctly, so does
the "regular" OLPC software, once the OLPC is up and running.]

I *wish* that the OFW were more tolerant of the (timing?) tolerances
of the portable storage devices users might plug in.

mikus