XO Xorg.log

david at lang.hm david at lang.hm
Thu Jan 3 22:22:04 EST 2008

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008, Jordan Crouse wrote:

> On 03/01/08 18:41 -0800, david at lang.hm wrote:
>> for several versions (650, 653, joyride 1489, 1495, 1498) I've been
>> noticing errors on the boot console from X. some of these are due to errors
>> in other software (the 'invalid filter 1' errors), but there are a
>> surprising number of errors where X is complaining about the hardware that
>> it is finding (including several errors related to the trackpad)
>
> I'm not seeing any issues with the graphics driver - X tends to spew a lot of
> information, and not all of it is fatal, all the time.

it is not fatal, (but that doesn't go to the console, unfortunatly there's
no way to cut-and-paste from the console so I sent the logfile instead)

however, grepping for warnings and errors produces

grep -e EE -e WW tmpQVC8Bc.txt
Current Operating System: Linux xo-0D-5F-90.localdomain
2.6.22-20071231.3.olpc.71454c965b73c4e #1 PREEMPT Mon Dec 31 13:07:15 EST
2007 i586
(WW) Ignoring unrecognized extension "XC-APPGROUP"
(WW) Ignoring unrecognized extension "XINERAMA"
(WW) Open ACPI failed (/var/run/acpid.socket) (No such file or directory)
(II) Loading extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
(WW) Warning, couldn't open module dbe
(EE) Failed to load module "dbe" (module does not exist, 0)
(WW) Warning, couldn't open module glx
(EE) Failed to load module "glx" (module does not exist, 0)
(WW) Warning, couldn't open module dri
(EE) Failed to load module "dri" (module does not exist, 0)
(WW) System lacks support for changing MTRRs
(EE) OLPC ALPS GlideSensor: Unable to parse 'RelAxis 0' as a map specifier.
(EE) OLPC ALPS GlideSensor: Unable to parse 'RelAxis 1' as a map specifier.
(EE) OLPC ALPS GlideSensor: Button: 74.
(EE) OLPC ALPS GlideSensor: state->btn: 0x8237698.
(EE) OLPC ALPS GlideSensor: Unable to parse 'null' as a map specifier string.
(EE) OLPC ALPS GlideSensor: Unable to parse 'null' as a map specifier string.
(WW) Open ACPI failed (/var/run/acpid.socket) (No such file or directory)
(WW) Open ACPI failed (/var/run/acpid.socket) (No such file or directory)
(WW) Open ACPI failed (/var/run/acpid.socket) (No such file or directory)

the missing modules suggest to me that the modules should be added (in
particular dri being missing seems like a performance hit) or the config
file should not try to load them

but the GlideSensor errors sound like more of a problem. is the config
made for a different version of X than what is shipped? (is this possibly
a cause for the trackpad problems)

note that this was from joyride-1498

David Lang