loss of wireless after joyride-1496 update

Dan Krejsa dan.krejsa at alamedanet.net
Thu Jan 3 13:05:15 EST 2008

Hi,

I (perhaps foolishly) updated to joyride-1496, and after rebooting my
G1G1 XO cannot connect to my wireless router.
After a while, the neigborhood view becomes completely blank.

I didn't notice a Build announcement for 1496, but it is

http://xs-dev.laptop.org/~cscott/olpc/streams/joyride/latest/devel_jffs2/

Were there any changes that might affect wireless?

- Dan

P.S. I updated from joyride-1492.  The original update from
653 to 1492 had problems when trying an incremental update, but
olpc-update went on and continued with a full update that apparently
worked.  Wireless still worked for joyride-1492.

I wanted to try the update to 1496 to see if the incremental update
would work with the 'smaller distance', but it failed the same way (the
first error referred to 'localtime', I don't have the exact output,
I'll collect it next time).  olpc-update then did a full download,
which apparently succeeded, except that I no longer have wireless.