Printing and the XO

Greg Smith (gregmsmi) gregmsmi at cisco.com
Thu Jan 3 10:43:42 EST 2008

Hi Peter,

Which teachers or schools have been asking for printing support? If we
can add some documentation on that to the Wiki it will help a lot.

It makes sense that schools would want printing and CUPS is a robust
tool in my experience.

Real world user cases will help determine how much effort is needed on
the configuration/moderation fronts. They can also help validate if
copying files to a USB drive is a viable alternative.

My guess is schools want a printer if they can afford one. Let us know
what feedback shows it's a priority for existing XO deployments and
let's find out what printers they have and how they want to use them.

Thanks,

Greg Smith

***********

On Jan 3, 2008 12:49 AM, Bernardo Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> Peter Krenesky wrote:
>
> > While not a primary concern of the project, printing is something
that
> > teachers are asking for.
> > [...]
>
> Is this nice documentation already in the wiki?  If not,
> please be bold and create a new page!
>
> --
>  \___/
>  |___|   Bernardo Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/