Packaging and Hello World Tutorial

Eric Van Hensbergen ericvh at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 18:57:17 EST 2008

I was trying a modification of the Hello World tutorial to package an
application with a bunch of additional files (essentially the python
acts as a launcher at the moment).  In any case, when I follow the
hello world tutorial instructions to create the MANIFEST and run
setup.py, it complains about not being able to find the base component
of the path as it starts to process the MANIFEST list as if its 'cwd'
is the wrong directory.

When I replace the step which builds the MANIFEST from the find
command with a much more simple find command (find ./ > MANIFEST),
things seem to work, but it really doesn't like sub-directories
(particularly empty ones).

So - what's the suggested path here?  Should I just manually create
the package and zip it externally?  Is there some easier path to what
I'm trying to accomplish?

            -eric