libpciaccess patch

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at laptop.org
Fri Feb 29 11:01:40 EST 2008

Jordan Crouse wrote:

> I don't know if Jim is ready to move OLPC to a newer X,
> but I do know that *we* are ready to move, so the logical move
> would be to base it on our tree, and then merge the rest of the OLPC
> tree in at our leisure and transition you guys to that.

For now, I'm just upstreaming all our changes to
reduce the delta.

Later, I'm planning to drop the xserver 1.5 in my xtest builds,
so people can test, benchmark and comment. This will give Jim
some feedback on which to make a decision.

>From the patch stream I've seen passing by over the 1.5
timeframe, I expect to see EXA performance improvements,
the entity of which is still to be seen.

> I'll pass the question on to Warren, since he'll end up being the
> maintainer of the final product in Fedora.  Are you ready for OLPC
> to bang on your drum?

Fedora 9 already switched on Xorg 1.5.  So at this time
amd_drv is broken (does not even build).

I offered to fix it by upgrading the rpm as soon as we
get a working patchset.

I don't know when (and if) we're going to rebase OLPC on F-9,
but being ready for Xorg 1.5 would make things easier and
allow us to unbranch a good number of RPMs.

--
 \___/
 |___|   Bernardo Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/