Metadata preserved across reboots?

James Simmons jim.simmons at walgreens.com
Thu Feb 28 15:05:00 EST 2008

Tomeu,

When I use the Read activity to open a document stored in a USB drive or
my SD card I notice that I do not return to the page I was on
previously, even though I have not restarted the computer at all; I've
just ended the Read activity, then immediately resumed it.  I also
notice that I *never* get a screenshot from the previous use of any
activity when I open the entry on a USB drive or SD card.  All of these
things work correctly in the Journal proper, except of course when
rebooting.  You keep the screenshot but lose the activity-specifc
metadata like page number.

On the USB and SD, I don't know if the metadata is saved or not.  I
suppose it could be saved and never retrieved.  In any case, it's nice
to know this is a bug and not intentional.

James Simmons