Jabber server issues

Mark Bauer mark at zjunk.net
Wed Feb 27 17:39:57 EST 2008

Ok now I am confused ......

I am setting up a jabber server, it is not up yet, but its close.
Both XO
machines in front of me have been set to this machine.  I can verify
that by:
sugar-control-panel -g jabber

And they return the expected results.  My wireless connects to the local
wireless network as it should.  I almost always see one other machine
in addition to the expected machine.   But always only one other.
Sometimes
it is Dan Schmit, another time its Colleene Colaner,  now its Will
Roger.

I shouldn't see any of these, unless they have machines within range.

I do not know these people, but I did a search at the university that
I am
at and found a Dan Schmit and Colleene.  I talked with Dan .... it
isn't him
but he wants one.  Haven't talked with Colleene yet and Will doesn't
show
up on a search.

If I disconnect from the wireless access point, they vanish, so they
are comming
in on the non mesh connection, but why????

Any Ideas ?????

Both machines are joyride-1722

Mark Bauer