Status of goocanvas and pygoonvas

Dov Grobgeld dov.grobgeld at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 07:55:00 EST 2008

Hello,

I'm a Python newbie who have used my new OLPC as a pretext of learning
Python to write some "board" games controllable with the OLPC game buttons.
As I was familiar with the goocanvas from the past (in C, and Perl) I choose
to use its python binding pygoocanvas for my first game. You are welcome to
see my first attempt at:

http://imagic.weizmann.ac.il/~dov/olpc/index.html

Look for goovex .

To run it on the olpc you will first have to do:

    yum install pygoocanvas

and that is the issue I wanted to ask about. Is there any chance of getting
this platform "officially sanctioned" so that I can create activities and
have them run out of the box?

Comments on how I should finish the game are welcome as well. :-)

Regards,
Dov