Avahi optimisations

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at collabora.co.uk
Tue Feb 26 03:15:28 EST 2008

Ivan Krstić wrote:
> On Feb 26, 2008, at 2:49 AM, Sjoerd Simons wrote:
>> Does sugar make any assumptions about the size of the key? IOW can we
>> instead of removing the key completely, use a smaller key?
>

> As I've told daf, smcv et al many months ago in Boston, there's no point
> in advertising the whole key. Advertising a digest is enough as long as
> nodes support an on-demand operation that returns their whole key.

As long as Sugar gets a unique value as the key, nothing will break (for
very short term changes for testing...) so you could just replace the
key in the TXT record with its hash.

Once Update.1 is out the door I can apply my patch to make Sugar not use
the key but rather the Buddy object path.

Morgan