Alternative power/recharging source?

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Mon Feb 25 23:58:29 EST 2008

Richard A. Smith wrote:

> Ebook   (No WLAN Firmware, Mono display, No backlight)     .71W

A bit more context I forgot to include.  This reading ( and the other
suspend readings) was taken with zero wakeups so its a lower bound.  The
wakeup-until-back-to-suspend timeout is currently 30 seconds.  Until we
get the suspend/resume time a bit lower and get our idle detection
algorithms tuned up properly we burn a lot of unnecessary power.

Previously when we took a measurement for "real world" Ebook we had a
hacked reader that would do operations and then force the system back to
sleep. This could be done again but I'll save that for the next round.

I'd rather work on getting a suspend/resume system that does not need
minimum stay up timer.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child