Git Repository, etc. for Read ETexts Activity Project

James Simmons jim.simmons at walgreens.com
Mon Feb 25 10:45:34 EST 2008

To Whom It May Concern,

Two weeks ago I submitted a form requesting hosting for my Activity, a
simple Python app that will do everything the Read activity currently
does, but which will work on Gutenberg Etexts either in ascii format or
in Zip format where the Zip file contains a single ascii text file.
These are the formats used for most Gutenberg etexts.  The project is
shaping up nicely.  I don't have everything working 100%, but I'm
getting there, and I think the end result will be a very useable and
worthwhile Activity.

I still have not received any response to my request.  I'm thinking
about setting up a project in SourceForge instead, but really I think it
belongs on the OLPC site.  That is where it will be most visible, where
I might be able to get help with translation, etc.  I am frustrated that
I have not received *any* response to my form though.  Even an email
saying that my request was received would be better than nothing.

If I do go with the SourceForge option I'll need a name for the
project.  I was thinking about setting up one project that could host
several Activities, since the ones I'm working on are fairly small.
Suggestions for names would be welcome.

James Simmons