Alternative power/recharging source?

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Fri Feb 22 16:33:37 EST 2008

Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Feb 2008, Richard A. Smith wrote:
>
>> Where did you see that the XO uses only 2 Watts?  Thats only when
>> suspended.
>>
>> Suspended: 2W
>> Running:   5-7W
>> Charging the battery: 16W
>
> Doesn't it only use 2W-ish when it's in monochrome, screen refresh-only
> mode?

That would be suspended.  which is sort of a largeish category. There's
backlight on/off, wlan on/off flavors of that that use various amounts
of power. So I guess suspended really should be 1-2W.  If anything kicks
in the CPU then its about 3.5W.

I've had a few people recently throw out this 2W number and I want to
make user that its not published somewhere as "the" XO power draw cause
its not that simple.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child