Two general thoughts

Bennett Todd bet at rahul.net
Tue Feb 19 21:57:19 EST 2008

_Big_ disclaimer: I'm a G1G1 owner and lurker who hasn't contributed
anything yet. Just been lurking and learning. That said, one minor
nit:

2008-02-19T23:45:14 Ricardo Carrano:
> - Suspend and resume should be a user command and much less
> aggressive when it happens automatically.

I'm not positive exactly what you meant by this, but if I've been
understanding what I've been reading, the core devs are hoping to
get very aggressive indeed with suspend and resume, to the point
where the common use pattern of spending lots of time looking at the
screen, reading and thinking, would sit there with the DCON, the
EC, and (if active) the autonomous mesh side of the wireless as
the only things powered on except when you hit a key, when it wakes
up (in a couple hundred ms max), repaints, and goes back to sleep.
The dream being lovely hours and hours and hours of ebook, or web
reading, or anything else but active processing or input.

-Bennett