Salut and Suspend/Resume issues

Ricardo Carrano carrano at ricardocarrano.com
Tue Feb 19 16:10:22 EST 2008

Yanni,

> Did a use it otherwise? Because of the effects of xmas tree, the timeout
> for a failed XO until it's icon is removed is 10-30min.

I am talking about the time it takes for an avahi entry to expire. For what
you said, is 10 minutes.

> Ricardo, do you have anwers to the questions I posted before? :

Let's see:

> 1. When a XO resumes, does it send any notification via avahi, that it is
> back? Because if it doesnt, then other XOs that have cleared it from their
> lists, they will never search for it.

I believe there is no "I am back" notification different than the normal way
presence information is exchanged by the protocol.

> 2. Every scans the network every 10min, to check whether its avahi peers
> are alive, in multicast packets. Do these packets include the address of the
> peers/targets? I think they do, unless i am very confused. Couldn't we
> awake/resume the target XO when it receives these specific packets?

That's the point. Mdns is multicast and the XOs, when suspended, don't
listen to multicast frames.