Salut and Suspend/Resume issues

Giannis Galanis giannisgalanis at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 13:32:54 EST 2008

For the protocol to be healthy,

not only you have to wake every 10min to send your request,
but you have to be awake to receive the others' requests.

These are again 10min, but have different offsets. Thats why I believe the
only way would be to have 10off - 10on.

Still, due to bug 5501, if you miss a single request, u are prone to be
deleted right away.

So 10ff-10on might not work either.

In fact the although the requests are every 10min, the icon will hold for
30min in total until it is deleted.
Bug 5501, however, will delete the entry if within the timeframe, a new host
arrives.