Salut and Suspend/Resume issues

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Tue Feb 19 09:13:29 EST 2008

Hi,

   > It does feel like we should turn off suspend for some of our
   > testing.  I've experienced similar problems.

   > Chris, do you recommend removing ohm? Or is there something else we
   > should try?

I recommend fixing the bug.  :)  We know that we intend to have the CPU
turned off most of the time on our laptops on the mesh -- why is the
presence service incompatible with this?  Should we be setting the
wireless module to wake on multicast, so that we can respond to whatever
traffic the presence service is using to see who's online?  Should it be
using unicast traffic instead?  What is it in Avahi's code path that
causes its peer list to be emptied on resume?

If we have to disable OHM to test something in particular, that's okay,
but we won't be testing what we plan on shipping if we do so.

Thanks,

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>