telepathy - request for guidance

Guillaume Desmottes guillaume.desmottes at collabora.co.uk
Tue Feb 19 04:47:02 EST 2008

Le mardi 19 février 2008 à 07:53 +0200, Morgan Collett a écrit :
> On Feb 18, 2008 8:28 PM, Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com> wrote:
> > I'm looking for guidance in how to specify to telepathy that its
> > jabber_connection needs to go through my proxy.  Tried putting the
> > proxy address&port in /usr/share/telepathy/managers/gabble.manager,
> > but .sugar/default/logs/telepathy-gabble.log shows the not-changed
> > values as the ones still being used by /usr/libexec/telepathy-gabble
>
> Apparently Loudmouth (the jabber library that telepathy-gabble uses)
> has some sort of proxy support. I don't have more details yet.

Gabble has https-proxy-{server,port} options that could do the job.
Try to edit server_plugin.py in presence-service source code, look for
the _get_account_info() method and add these 2 options (with the right
values) in the returned dict.

Be aware that G1G1 XO's try to use a not deployed yet Jabber server by
default.

	G.