XO visability

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Feb 19 00:34:54 EST 2008

While you don't think it is version specific, knowing what versions you
have seen it on would be valuable problem data.

By "see the other" you mean that the Neighborhood View doesn't show an
XO icon for the other XO?

Are these XOs "friends"?

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 09:31:02PM -0800, david at lang.hm wrote:
> At SCALE I was seeing systems that showed up as XO laptops, but later
> spoke to the people who's names showed up and they don't have XO's (in one
> case I found the only machine the person had was a MAC)

Yes, MacBooks and Pidgin show up as XO icons, I think it is because they
announce over Bonjour / Zeroconf.

> any suggestions on where to start/

Exclude packet loss.