Moon, new activity available

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Mon Feb 18 23:10:55 EST 2008

Hi Devels,

Well... Just in time for the Lunar eclipse in a couple of days! I
wanted post my first Sugar activity port here, it is a conversion/
update from an OS X Cocoa app I wrote some years back. It is a v1 so
be kind, but happy to hear any feedback about making this a more
productive/educational activity for sharing, or if you spot any faux
pas in terms of a Sugar/XO activity.

	http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Moon

This was a learning exercise for me, Python I know, but GTK (and the
provided Sugar environment) well that was all new. Embarrassed to say
it actually took me a day to get a black background to the Moon widget
area (!!) but I picked up a little speed after that, honest :-)

Happy Moon/eclipse watching.

Regards,
Gary C. Martin

P.S. "Earth" is my next planned port (from EarthGlobe), though there
are a few extra hurdles to resolve for that one (i.e. quick 3d sphere
rotation interaction given no OpenGL support). Might have to drop to
wireframe during manipulation, or get dirty with a C Python extension.
Shout if I missed something obvious here.