Serious side effect of #6299 (silencing salut so gabble can connect)

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Thu Feb 14 15:31:06 EST 2008

You may be correct; the one other issue we have to look at carefully is
Avahi (Salut's) behavior after resume.  It is likely that all timeouts
have expired, and that as soon as you resume a system, it may be
immediately doing mdns traffic.  If everyone opens up at the same time,
you'd have trouble.

In principle, Avahi isn't supposed to work this way, but right now,
there is no hook between power management and Avahi to prevent it.
                             - Jim

Jim Gettys
One Laptop Per Child