Serious side effect of #6299 (silencing salut so gabble can connect)

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at collabora.co.uk
Thu Feb 14 13:28:58 EST 2008

John Watlington wrote:

> On Feb 14, 2008, at 11:52 AM, Jim Gettys wrote:
>> Let me ask a different question: what happens to activities already
>> running which are running shared?  Are they going to fail?  Presumably,
>> yes....
>
> It sounds like any activity trying to share until either gable connect
> to a server
> or gives up and starts salut is going to crash.  This either happens on
> boot or
> when a user manually switches networks.

The problem I raised will prevent them from successfully launching
during this time. If we fix that by using the new API instead of the old
call, they will launch, but attempting to share during this time period
should fail relatively gracefully (albeit without much feedback - "Share
with" just never becomes disabled).

Morgan