free usb8388.bin

Albert Cahalan acahalan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 13:06:11 EST 2008

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 11:24 AM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at laptop.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 3:26 AM, Albert Cahalan <acahalan at gmail.com> wrote:

>  >  BTW, what is killing my blinkenlight? I realize that it wouldn't do
>  >  to hang the boot forever because of some missing firmware features,
>  >  but that doesn't give much time to debug. Please don't do that.
>
>  At what point is boot hanging?  I'm guessing it's during the udev
>  probe?  I'm not a udev hacker, but turning udev off should get you to
>  boot at least (if I'm guessing properly).

It doesn't hang forever, so I can still boot. I haven't timed
the hang, but it could be 30 to 200 seconds.

Then it seems that something shuts off the wireless chip.
Random guesses are that the driver and/or NetworkManager
asks the EC to cut the power.

That isn't much time to run a debugger. (gdb via OpenOCD)