Serious side effect of #6299 (silencing salut so gabble can connect)

Ricardo Carrano carrano at ricardocarrano.com
Thu Feb 14 12:44:54 EST 2008

(e) make salut less chatty during this period (instead of stopping it).
But I don't know if this is possible or how to do it. So it maybe not a
valid suggestion.

But ...

I think we have a time sensitive problem. Salut clogs the network if there
are many XOs running it. So, if you think of a scenario where many XOs are
_not_ turned on at the same time (or  within a certain time window) each XO
will have an opportunity to switch to gabble without the need to turn salut
off. The network will be naturally salut free.

Maybe  we don't need to turn salut off while trying to connect to gabble.