[Server-devel] Mesh Portal Question

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Feb 13 06:52:45 EST 2008

G'day,

I have reproduced this test in a silent radio environment, using three
XOs on build 656, in simple mesh mode, and I see no problem.  I was able
to ping fine from one end of the chain to the other.  The software and
firmware function okay in that configuration.

Let's look into your radio environment further, using the tools on the
laptops.

> XS ---------- XO1----------------- XO2

In my test I was able to type at XO1:

# watch -d "iwpriv msh0 fwt_list 1;iwpriv msh fwt_list 2"

... and monitor the signal strength of each link.  As the units moved,
the signal to noise figure changed accordingly.

I was also able to type the same at XO2 and see that it had an entry for
XS via XO1, and that it did not list XS as a neighbour once the units
were spread out.

What do you see?  You will need to identify the MAC addresses of each
node and find them in the forwarding table.

Perhaps I should configure a real XS.  Anyone got any quick
instructions?  I've a couple of active antenna I can use.