How to create a new MIME type for a Sugar activity?

Phil Bordelon phil at thenexusproject.org
Tue Feb 12 22:09:40 EST 2008

Martin Dengler wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 07:17:28PM -0500, Mikus Grinbergs wrote:
>> Personally, I agree with just about everything John Gilmore said in
>> his Tue, 12 Feb 2008 13:59:49 -0800 message to Bert Freudenberg.
>>

>> I frequently ftp materiel to my XO.  Wanted to put one of these into
>> the datastore (Journal).  Have picked up the .py scripts posted by
>> Phil Bordelon and Reinier Heeres.  But when I tried to use the
>> 'to-Journal' script, it asked me for the mime-type of the object
>> (which I did not know, and could not even guess) - so I gave up.
>
> Yes, that frustrated me too: http://pastebin.be/8999
>
> I'm not saying this addresses your/others' Journal issues.

Folks,

Feel free to send any of these patches in my direction, by the way.
I'm more than willing to incorporate any sensible changes into the
journal-related scripts.

I'll take a closer look at this patch tomorrow afternoon.

My original idea was that copy-to-journal was "strictly" for use in
scripted environments; a school, say, would want to preload data
into all of the laptops for the kids via SSH injection.  I put
quotes around "strictly" because obviously that isn't really the
case.  I have no problems with making copy-*-journal more friendly
for day-to-day use.

Phil B.