mouse unstable on rc2

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Tue Feb 12 03:31:33 EST 2008

david at lang.hm wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Feb 2008, Richard A. Smith wrote:
>
>> david at lang.hm wrote:
>>
>>> I have also seen this on my second box, but I haven't been useing it as
>>> extensivly so I can't promise that it never had a problem before (it was
>>> still on build 650 prior to this weekend, with no noticed problems.
>> Please use the clean 'copy-nand' install to roll your builds forward and
>> backwards.  If you can prove that its actually the build doing it then
>> you've made a really interesting discovery.  Perhaps one that will let
>> us have better fixes for this issue.
>
> when I get home tonight I will lookup the exact steps for doing this and
> give it a try. one problem is that the problem did not show up immediatly
> (some laptops showed the problem within a half hour, others didn't show it
> for several hours)

Right. I have seen this issue since the first discovery a lot of times
on different machines with different builds and not only after an
update. It just kicks in from time to time. Just had it on a machine two
minutes ago which I did a clean install last week (1658, Q2D13). I use
the recalibration to get my machine in a usable state after this.

 From a first glance it is a bit unclear to me what the state here is:
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/2804

Best,
    Simon